3.09.2008

what we have been doing (no particular order)

1. Yesterday we bought a new computer. Mike has finally made the switch. A new iMac will now be joining my iBook in our office.

2. Mike's birthday was March 6. He had to work late so we didn't really celebrate on his actual birthday, but went out Friday night with some of his friends from work. I got him Aperture 2 (photo editing software for our new iMac).

3. My birthday was February 25. Mike and I both took the day off work and went snowboarding, shopping, and out to eat at the Barking Dog. Mike got me new snowboard bindings. They look great with my new snowboard.

4. I have learned how to do butter slides.

5. The annual Baker trip that Steve organizes was last weekend. We rented a cabin up near Glacier and 15 people or so crammed into it. A lot of snowboarding happened. Mike and I went up and rode Friday. It was blue bird most of the day. It snowed 8 inches during the night so on Saturday there was a lot of powder.

6. Nick and Amy are having a girl - Mike and I are getting a niece.

7. I was named employee of the year for my lab. It comes with no rewards except knowing the people appreciate your hard work (although Steve and Mike did take me out to dinner at Zayda Buddy's). With this title comes a nomination for Civil Service Employee of the Year. The winner of that prestigious title gets some prizes.

8. Dea had a layover in Seattle this past Friday night/Saturday morning. Mike and Steve showed her a great time. I was sleeping.

1 comment:

Nick & Amy (NAMY) said...

Congrats on employee of the year! Lame that there's no prize (um, an ipod touch or something along those lines would be nice, right?) but still something to be proud of. Woohoo!