5.17.2008

Da Bears

So I'm up at Holden, WA for work.

It's about a 4 hr drive, then a 1.5 hr boat ride, and finally a 45 min. bus ride to get there from Seattle, WA.

Holden Village has their own bowling alley, but you have to set the pins and return the ball manually.

Yesterday while working on an exploration near a creek a black bear tried to cross the foot bridge to where we were working. I was on the bank checking something, and when I came up it saw me and ran away. The bear got within about 30 feet of me, and I think may have been trying to steal my Chicago Bears baseball hat off my backpack. Anyway it ran away and went downstream about a hundred yards. Then went out on some logs in the stream and jumped. Apparently, the water was deeper than it expected and it floated away downstream for a ways.

The End.

No comments: