5.24.2009

Hart Lake Hike

Despite my need to do laundry, since my work stay has been extended at least 4 days at Holden, I hiked to Hart Lake. The timing of it did not allow for any good pictures of the lake, especially since my hiking cohorts were more concerned about the fact they could get ice cream in the village tonight for the first time since we arrived. Needless to say, they hot-footed it on back for ice cream, and I had to stick with them until within a reasonably safe self-hiking distance to stop for pictures.


Glacier carved valley.


Black and white mountains as observed during the mining days.


Colored version of mountains as observed today.

Additionally, today began a large May youth weekend at the village. With the influx of about 275 high school age teens, the population of the village increased about 1000% right after lunch and things move at a quicker, louder pace. And I feel old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're NOT old. Heck, you're not even a 'grown-up' yet. Enjoy your youth.

Dear OLD Dad