10.16.2007

our 2nd anniversary

Yesterday was our 2nd anniversary! Both Mike and I took the day off of work to celebrate with each other. It was raining so we pretty much just relaxed and ate too much. We went to 5 Spot for dinner because I saw they had fried cheese curds on their menu. Yeah - not so much what we Wisconsinites would call cheese curds. They basically took a block of cheese (it was from WI at least), cut it into 4 long sticks, battered them and fried them up. Not curds at all. They did get one thing right - the "curds" were served with a side of ranch dressing. You know, I was so excited and then they just let me down! Besides that it was a pretty good day. Mike got me a super cute cropped jacket (80% cotton - he knows his anniversaries). I got him a bottle of scotch and some Theo chocolate - I don't follow tradition.