6.19.2009

I Don't Want to Worry About Dying

Well you can keep tomorrow; after tonight we're not going to need it.
...
We used to dream; now we worry about dying.
...
I don't want to worry about dying; I just want to worry about those sunshine girls.


With lyrics like that, it's no wonder I like the Japandroids. While influences like "your sister" are a little too specific to reach my sisterless demographic (perhaps influences such as "your mom" would be more far reaching (hi, mom; hope the title of this blog didn't scare you)). Anyway, I heard this Canadian duo live on KEXP (you can listen on-line, try it) this week. I used to get all my new music from snowboarding videos, now I hear most of it on KEXP (it's like NPR but for music, no commercials just the occasional pledge drive).

Next post, why I no longer like microbreweries. I'll give you a hint: 10^-9breweries.

No comments: